- All games will be rally-scored. Each match will consist of a best of three series of games. The first two games will be played to a score of 25 and the third game will be played to a score of 15. Every game must be won by 2 points.
- Warm-up will be 2 minutes shared and 4 minutes each team on the court.
- Intermission between games will not exceed 3 minutes.
- Each team is allowed 2 – 60 second timeouts per game that will not carry over to the next game.
- Timeouts may only be called when the ball is dead.
- Each team is allowed 3 thirty second timeouts that will not carry over into overtime.
- In the event of overtime, each team will be given 1 timeout.
- Game time is forfeit time.
- A team must have 5 players to start the game.
- A team may not “pick up” players not on their team to have enough to play unless the opposing coach approves. If the opposing coach protests, the game may be played with the understanding that the team using the “pick up” players will officially forfeit the game, no matter the score.
- This rule is in the interest of kids getting to play a game no matter the situations.
- 3rd – 6th Grade – 7’0”
- 7th – 8th Grade – 7’4 1/8”
- 3rd – 6th Grade – Volley lite balls
- 7th – 8th Grade – Regulation size
- 3rd and 4th Grade will be allowed to serve as far up as the 3-point line extended. Foot faults will not be called.
- 5th and 6th Grade will be allowed to serve as far up as the free throw line extended. Foot faults will be called.
- 7th and 8th Grade will serve from the end line. Foot faults will be called.
- Let serves are allowed. A Let serve is a serve that hits the net, but still goes over the net inside the boundaries of the opponent’s court.
- First serve of the first and third games will be decided by a coin toss. One captain from each team will meet the referee prior to the start of the game to do the coin toss. The team winning the coin toss will choose whether they want to serve or receive first.
- All players must have uniforms of matching colors and numbers on the back.
- Knee pads are recommended.
- All jewelry must be removed.
Game & warm-up balls
- SSC will supply warm-up balls and a game ball.
- Coaches are responsible for players returning balls to the cart at the end of the warm-up.
- Each team may have no more than 2 coaches and only one may stand and/or address officials.
- Coaches must stay at least 5 feet from the edge of the court.
- Water and sport drinks only on the bench and only in bottles or closed cups.
- No soda allowed on the bench.
officials and line judges
- SSC will provide one official and one score keeper.
- Each team must provide one line judge.